Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 3 Afternoon

The second part of day 3 began with a search for a dry place for lunch. We had a picnic, then we headed to Nuttallburg Abandoned Coal Community. The first 2 pictures are of Nuttallburg. We trekked out toward the old coal tipple. A couple of groups did water samples and discovered high conductivity in the water. Both positions had conductivity readings over 125 so there is a lot of metal in the water. Then we discovered we could not go all the way to the tipple because work is being done to create trails in the area. After that we went to the New River Gorge Welcome Center to see the bridge. The third picture is of the bridge. We even traveled below the bridge to get a unique perspective. Unfortunately to see the bridge I got out of the van in poison ivy. I am praying I do not get it. My husband just got over having it for weeks. We were given about 30 minutes in the hotel before Bob Evans so I rushed to shower before dinner to fight the poison ivy. To end a good day, I am so pleased to be in my hotel room before 8! Thank you Dennis and Steve!




No comments: